Katja Heitmann is looking for new movement-archivists
From 2023 Katja Heitmann is inviting performers/dancers (f/m/x) to become movement-archivists within her multi-year project Motus Mori.
The coming years Katja Heitmann is manifesting an archive for movement; Motus Mori. Together with a dedicated team of dancers, she collects and preserves the human movement, in the Netherlands and internationally. Since 2019, more than 1000 people have already donated their personal movement to this embodied archive, an ever-growing foundation from which the choreographer creates new artworks. By maintaining all these personal movements, the dancers’ body is becoming a living archive.
For more info, please watch this short video:
Katja Heitmann is looking for 2 professional and 3 intern dancers/physical performers/mimers to join the archive and perform the work Motus Mori: Museum.
The work of Katja Heitmann requires and can offer you:
- A fascination for precision and detail of movement
- Dedication and urge for physical research
- High concentration and body awareness
- Fascination for humans and their daily movements
- Durational performing and physical stamina
- An understanding of what moves humankind in the most direct way...
- Be a part of a devoted team of ‘physical nerds’
The movement-language is highly technical, radical and minimalistic, working with analytical body-isolations, performing multiple hours in museum-contexts. Next to the performative work the dancers conduct so-called movement interviews, meeting people of all ages & physicality's and learning their specific motoric skills and personal reasons to move.
Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th February 2023 in Tilburg (NL).
Please note: It is important that you are available on both days.
The rehearsal periods will be spread over the months April, May, June and August 2023.
The (first) performance period will be full-time from 28th August until 17th September 2023.
To apply for the audition, you should be available in these periods and reside in The Netherlands.
Stichting This is not a show follows the fair-practice code (professional/freelance) and the CAO Theater en Dans (student/intern).
Please send your application by 26th January 2023 to email@example.com with:
- your CV
- mentioning if you are applying for a professional or student/internship position
- a video (with performance and/or rehearsal footage)
- a personally written motivation why you want to be part of Motus Moriaak.